School Business Manager - Ref: TV31821
Salisbury Primary School, Darlaston, WS10 8BQ
Age range: 3-11; NOR: 326 pupils
School Business Manager G6 (15-23); 37 hours per week; term time only
Actual pro-rota Salary £19,706--£23,223 39 weeks; Start date ASAP
Salisbury Primary is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2019) and we are one of the best schools in Walsall for progress outcomes for KS1 & KS2 data which we are very proud of. The governors of our school are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled individual who is experienced in school finance to join our team of dedicated staff and wonderful children.
It is a great opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a passionate enthusiastic team. We are an inspirational and creative curriculum school and we are building the foundations for happy and successful life-long learners. Salisbury Primary School is a values based, inclusive school at the heart of a culturally diverse community.
As School Business Manager you will:
- Be responsible for/manage the operation and delivery of support services within the school. Be responsible for/manage the planning, development and monitoring of support services. Management of staff, including commissioning and delegation of relevant activities. Member of the school’s management team
We are looking for you to:
- Develop and monitor management information systems.
- Be responsible for the design and effective operation of administrative procedures.
- Be responsible for the submission of relevant information to SMT, the Governing Body and outside agencies, eg DfE.
- Identify the need for, select and manage resources, including management of resource budget.
- Be responsible for the appropriate deployment of staff, including recruitment.
- Be responsible for the provision of specialist advice and guidance to SMT/Governing Body, etc. on national and local guidelines/policy/statue etc.
- Manage procurement and be responsible for securing relevant sponsorship.
- Be responsible for devising marketing and promotion strategies for the school.
- Be responsible for the management of facilities including use of premises and associated income, and major building works and projects etc., eg new development.
- Be responsible for the effective management of financial administration procedures, including responsibility for compliance with financial regulations.
- Be responsible for planning, monitoring and evaluation of budget.
- Be responsible for the management of Health and Safety within the school.
- Be responsible for the creation and implementation of recruitment/induction/appraisal/training/ mentoring systems for support staff.
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
We can offer you:
• A rich and diverse community.
• Strong and supportive cluster school links.
• Children who enjoy learning who are eager, responsive and well-behaved and are supported by a community who are committed to their success.
• Dedicated staff who are committed to the wellbeing of our children.
• A leadership team focused on school improvement.
• A supportive governing body and team of wonderfully supportive staff.
• Continued professional development to achieve your ambitions and to further your career.
NVQ 4 or Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline.
GCSE English and Maths grade C or equivalent.
If you have drive and enthusiasm, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note, we can consider the position of G8 Business Manager depending on qualifications and experience but the job description will vary from the advertised G6 position.
How to apply
Please download the application form from our school website: www.salisbury.walsall.sch.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned via email to the school.
Closing date: 27TH September 2021 at 12 pm
Interview Date: TBC
Salisbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure form the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Phone: 0121 6674066 Address: Salisbury Primary School, Salisbury Street, Darlaston, Walsall, WS10 8BQ Email: email@example.com