1:1 Teaching Assistant
6 days left
TA2, points 5-6
Required: As soon as possible
30 hours per week 8:45 - 3:15 including lunchtimes. - Term time + TED days - Temporary. Initially until Easter 2022 but may extend further.
We are looking for an experienced 1:1 teaching assistant who relishes the challenge of working with children with particular social and emotional needs. The post requires a flexible and confident practitioner with excellent interpersonal skills and who is experienced at supporting a child in partnership with the class teacher, SENDCO, external agencies and parents.
The successful candidate will have:
● Experience and understanding of working with children who have social and emotional difficulties.
● Experience of 1:1 support
● Calm demeanour
● Work effectively in a team and take on board feedback from professionals.
● Superb communication skills
● Resilience and a sense of humour
The school offers:
● A positive and inclusive atmosphere
● Dedicated and flexible colleagues committed to improvement ● Supportive leadership, parents and governors
A friendly working environment and situation
● Responsive and happy children
● Experienced staff members
Support and guidance will be provided to ensure that the successful candidate is given the opportunity to develop their skills.
Further details about the school can be found by looking at the school website.
To receive further information and an application form please email the school email@example.com
2 written references will be requested prior to the interview.
Lickey End First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and Disqualification by Association check.
Closing date: 24th September 2021
Interviews: 5th October 2021