Senior Principal Accountant
Dudley MBC is a community council rich in history and is very focused on regenerating and reinvesting itself to meet the challenges of the future, forming part of the West Midlands Combined Authority.Salary: £43,857 - £46,845 Grade: 12 Hours: 37 per week Post: Permanent and full time Location: Council House, Dudley Town Centre/Home working
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join our Central Finance team with specific responsibility for Capital and Treasury accounting in a large metropolitan council. Key duties include:
- Overall monitoring of the Council’s capital programme in conjunction with service accountants and reporting to senior management and members; monitoring of compliance with the Council’s governance arrangements for capital and external funding matters
- Providing technical advice on capital and treasury matters to service accountants and senior management across all service areas
- Management of the Council’s Treasury function including monitoring of cash flows, borrowing decisions, and investing surplus funds in accordance with the Council’s Treasury Strategy
- Production of statutory documents including Capital Strategy, Annual Treasury Management Policy, Annual Investment Strategy, Minimum Revenue Policy and submission of statutory returns
- To lead on all financial accounting aspects for Capital, Treasury and Leasing transactions of the Council
To be suitable for this role you will need to be a qualified accountant who is able to establish positive and influential working relationships with colleagues across the Council. Detailed knowledge of Local Government Capital and Treasury Accounting regulations is desirable. You will need to be able to work to strict and challenging deadlines and be committed to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards in the financial activities of the Council
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Amarjit Uppal for an informal conversation on 01384 812425 or email email@example.com
NB: We reserve the right to close this job advert early of we receive a large number of applicants.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/