Title: HR Advisor
Salary: £26,421.00 - £33,313.00
Closing Date: 19/09/2021
Interview Date: tbc
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two HR Advisors to join Hoople on a permanent basis. Post 1 will be supporting Hoople’s own services and Post 2 will be supporting Herefordshire Council as one of Hoople’s clients.
You can expect to be able to work from home for 3 days per week and from our Covid-secure Hereford office for 2 days per week, on average. This reflects the fact that, whilst most of our business is carried out remotely at the moment, there are occasions when our HR Advisors have to attend face-to-face, socially distanced meetings with employees so you must be prepared to travel.
We are a friendly and experienced HR Team – and we’re growing, so we’ll be welcoming a handful of new team members over the coming months. You will report into, and work closely with, the HR Business Partner to deliver an effective and efficient HR advisory service. You’ll also get the chance to build your OD experience as part of the HR Advisor role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Providing sound advice on the full range of employee relations matters, including to senior leaders
• Effectively managing your own – sometimes complex – caseload
• Advising hearing and appeal panel chairs in accordance with employment legislation and our HR policies and procedures
• Identifying proactive HR/OD solutions that will support customers to meet organisational objectives and change in culture, values and behaviours
• Undertaking job evaluations using both the Hay and NJC schemes
• Assisting the HR Business Partner in delivering informal and formal training to managers around HR practice and procedure, including coaching
It’s really important to us that you have:
• A positive, can-do attitude together with a strong customer service ethos and a desire for continuous improvement
• Experience of successfully operating within an advisory HR team
• A solutions-focussed approach to ER casework and change management activities which meets business needs
• Ability to quickly form effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders (including trade unions)
• Ability to deliver work at pace, without compromising on quality
• Ability to prioritise and organise a volume of varied work in order to meet often conflicting deadlines
• Excellent influencing, negotiation and communication skills
Ideally, you will also have or be working towards your CIPD Level 5 qualification.
If you have the knowledge, skills and experience that we’re looking for, we’d love to receive your CV. If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lorna Simpson (Senior HR & OD Business Partner) at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), pension and you will benefit from a competitive salary with pension benefits. We provide a flexible benefits scheme called Hoople Benefits which provides a range of benefits and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the job are guaranteed an interview.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must apply online for this vacancy.
Please specify whether you have a disability.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com