Community Development Assistant
Wychavon District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Wychavon district is also ranked as second best rural place to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
Community Development Assistant
Up to One Year Fixed Term Contract
National Minimum wage for Age
Are you interested in making a difference in communities? Are you looking for valuable skills to support your education or help you to get into a career? Would you like to learn about the public sector and how we’re supporting communities to be strong, resilient, and sustainable?
If so, why not join the communities team at Wychavon District Council as a student placement?
We are looking for individuals to get involved in a range of community, youth, arts and health focused projects and activities. This is an exciting role in an innovative service area working with a wide range of partners.
The placement can be undertaken within an academic setting (university or collage placement) or as a gap year or work experience opportunity to support your job applications and career development.
A good applicant will be keen to work in a variety of community settings, learn new skills and undertake training, network with a wide range of organisations, carry out research, utilise a range of digital skills, have good communication skills and have a passion for making a difference to others.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to demonstrate commitment to delivering the Council's values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect.
- Minimum of two ‘A’ levels or equivalent
- Currently in or between education or training and looking for a placement as part of working towards a degree level or other vocational qualification.
We are looking for candidates who have Skills and Experience in:
- Experience of working with community groups in a voluntary or employed capacity.
- Good listening, oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Windows–based packages including Microsoft Teams
- Good interpersonal skills including dealing effectively with people face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Knowledge of digital media, promotion and marketing
- Be prepared to work evening and weekends
- Ability to conduct social research and consultation
- Report writing skills and ability present information in a clear documented format
- Ability to work flexibly in a range of environments e.g. mobile locations, home, office etc
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the district
We are a social mobility employer and we welcome a range of applications including full-time, part-time and short-term opportunities.
To discuss the post or for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 10 October 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 20 October 2021