Casual Supply Teacher (EYFS / KS1 / KS2)
Casual Supply Teacher (EYFS / KS1 / KS2)
Ryders Hayes School (A Primary Learning Academy)
Role commences: ASAP
Salary: Main scale to UPS – cover paid at appropriate rate according to experience
Location: Pelsall, Walsall
Contract type: Entirely flexible hours
Contract term: Zero Hours Agreement- THIS CONTRACT IS FOR AD HOC, CASUAL HOURS - NO REGULAR HOURS AT PRESENT.
- a supply teacher who would like to belong to a real team of high calibre staff, receive free, high quality CPD and know the children you teach?
- an experienced teacher, looking for a gradual shift in work/life balance towards full retirement?
- a returning teacher to education, looking to update your knowledge and skills?
(as a Teaching School we can help).
- An HLTA/unqualified teacher looking for ad hoc part-time cover work?
Ryders Hayes School is a popular, highly-regarded primary school in Pelsall, Walsall. Always at the cutting edge of education, we were one of the first Primary Academy Converters and Teaching Schools in the country. A caring school, judged ‘Good’ by OFSTED and expecting a return visit to be considered for OUTSTANDING, we are committed to giving our pupils the opportunity to grow; to learn new skills, and to develop their potential to be the best they can be. Our ‘child centred, learning focused’ approach, reflects our desire to create an environment where young people get the best possible start in life, together with strong parental engagement, to develop a clear set of values and academic attainment as rounded, confident young people, of good character, well prepared for their futures in a rapidly changing world.
Our vision is: to nurture and facilitate the growth of our pupils and their learning; equipping them with the skills and attributes to embrace the challenges of a rapidly changing world. To enjoy success for today and be prepared for tomorrow, by instilling the values of:
Character, Citizenship, Collaboration, Communication, Creativity and Critical Thinking.
The Governing Body is looking to appoint a dynamic and adaptable teacher to join our team who will be able to provide flexible cover for colleagues’ short–term absence; release for CPD and leadership time, and special projects on an ad hoc basis. This would suit a teacher: returning from a career break or maternity leave; wishing to retire early but still keep in touch with teaching (hours to suit); a part-time teacher wanting more hours etc. To be successful, you will need:
- to be flexible and adaptable
- a proven track record of high quality teaching
- high expectations for yourself and our pupils
- to be a good role model for pupils
- to be a team player
- to ensure that all pupils make expected or more progress towards aspirational targets;
- to champion our high standards of pupil behaviour and expectations of good character
- support the development of an inspiring and innovative curriculum;
- uphold the inclusive principles that are integral to our ethos;
- understand the needs of our varied community
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to make a difference to our happy and successful school.
- a school open to new ideas and willing to embrace change for the good of the school.
- excellent development opportunities as a leader of learning for our pupils; staff, and wider professional community within our Teaching School.
Please note at this point in the year there is unlikely to be regular, fixed hours. Initially hours of work will vary according to cover required e.g. for training, sickness cover etc.
Closing date for applications: 30th September 2021 – 12 noon
Interviews to be week commencing 11th October 2021 and short listed candidates will be observed teaching.
In light of current COVID-19 restrictions the interview process will be made up of two parts. An informal virtual meeting with Sally Miner, Executive Head Teacher and Jaz Paul, Head Teacher prior to shortlisting followed by a formal interview following shortlisting. Please call Raj Samra to arrange an informal meeting on 01922 683008 or email email@example.com. Application forms and further details are available by contacting the school directly on the above telephone number, by email:
firstname.lastname@example.org; or on the website
Please return your application form to email@example.com or to the school office.
Ryders Hayes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.