Ormiston Meridian Academy - ICT Technician
Grade 2: £18,562 - £19,312 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, whole year
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm (3.30pm on Friday)
Ormiston Meridian Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic ICT Technician to help support the academy’s ICT infrastructure, applications and other programs, including internet, website and electronic communications’.
A proactive and planned approach is essential to ensure the academy’s ICT infrastructure is fit for purpose and works to optimum effect.
Under the supervision of the Senior ICT Technician, your duties will include:
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment and ensure cleanliness of equipment
- Assist in the expansion of the academy network infrastructure including, switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Routine administration including; data backups.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the academy.
- Resolve tickets on the ICT Helpdesk effectively and within an adequate time frame.
The successful candidate must have an eagerness to gain experience, expertise and professional development through this position. A minimum of 5 GCSEs including English, Mathematics and a Science or a Technology subject are essential for this position. A relevant Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification would also be desirable.
The successful candidate must also have proven good attendance and punctuality.
Further information can be obtained by clicking the links below
Closing date for applications: 12noon Thursday 7th October 2021.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 11th October 2021.
To apply for the position please complete the online application form following the link below:
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide