Level 2 Teaching Assistant
3 days left
Federation of Cherry Oak School and Victoria School
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 0121 476 9478
Job Start Date: 1 November 2021
Hours per week: 13.00 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Fixed term to provide additional education or undertake a specific project for which special funding has been obtained for a known, limited period
Victoria School caters for pupils aged from 2 – 19 years. All of our pupils have complex physical disabilities and/or health care needs, together with and a variety of learning difficulties and/or sensory impairments. You will play an integral role as part of the school’s Secondary Team.
As an integral part of the wider Secondary School team, you will support the development and assessment system. You will need to have excellent written and oral skills and can communicate/liaise with students and class teachers on a regular basis with regards to promoting their achievements.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
• the ability to work using your initiative, and as part of a team
• clear and effective communication with students and colleagues
• have initiative and the desire to take ownership of tasks
• promote the ethos of working as part of the wider secondary school teams
• you must be willing to support class teams with the postural management of secondary aged students with physical disabilities to promote postural and language and communication development.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 1 October 2021, 12 midday
Please complete an application pack downloading from our website
Upon completion, please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.