Cleaner (2 Posts)
Parkfield Community School
Telephone Number: 0121 464 1131
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours per week: Vacancy 1 = 12 hours and Vacancy 2 = 17 hours per week, term time only
Please clearly state on the application form in section 'post applied for' which of the vacancies you are applying:
Cleaner Vacancy 1 – 12 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 3pm to 5.30pm and Friday 12.30pm to 2.30pm
Cleaner Vacancy 2 – 17 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 2pm to 5.30pm and Friday 12pm to 3pm
Term time only + 4 weeks:
February half term - 1 week
Spring half term - 1 week
Summer deep clean - 2 weeks
Parkfield Community School is proud to be part of the Excelsior Multi-Academy Trust. With their support we continue to improve and provide our children with the best education possible as well as helping to nurture and develop their personal and social skills. Our values of succeeding together, engaging learning, ensuring equality for all and aspiring from the start, shape all we do across Excelsior Trust and our schools. Our ‘No Outsiders’ approach to equality ensures everyone is welcome in all our schools.
As a trust we can offer:
• sector competitive pay
• flexible working
• defined benefit pensions
• performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities
• excelwell – health and wellbeing platform for staff
• facebook staffroom
• friday pulse portal that tracks employees happiness, helping to build a positive and productive work culture
• 24/7 advise and help line
We are looking for someone who is an exemplary role mode who embraces the Trust’s ethos, values and aims.
The duties are as follows:
• to clean any area of the school to the required standard as instructed by the supervisor
• polishing and dusting cleaning surfaces and furniture (including desks and seats
• wash floors, surfaces, fixtures and fittings, skirting boards and walls up to a specified height
• sweeping and vacuuming floors
• cleaning toilets and shower areas
• replenishing toiletries, handtowels, soap, and hand sanitisers
• to empty bins / recycling bins and remove rubbish from the premises to the appropriate waste bins
Additional duties included in Vacancy 2:
• this job position will include staffroom – staff toilets areas x 4 staff kitchen and any other areas as instructed by the supervisor
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021, 4pm
Alternatively, you can contact HR on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send in CVs, the application form covers the information required and is designed to ensure fairness during interview shortlisting.
Receipt of two references are required as part of the interview shortlisting process. Your application may be rejected if adequate references have not been provided.
You can also download the job description and person specification and complete the attached application and monitoring forms from the BCC website and email to: email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a Warner (values-based) interview prior to the main interview in line with our Child Protection Policy. Successful applicants will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.