Business Admin HR Apprentice
Job Title: Business Admin HR Apprentice
Salary: £4.62 to £8.91 per hour
Hours: 35 per week
Duration: 24 months from start date
Location: County Hall, Worcester
Our ambition is to attract and retain the very best talent to join our high performing workforce. To help us achieve that, we have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Apprentice to join our friendly team made up of people who are passionate about providing the best customer service and who genuinely love HR.
You will join a busy team initially providing administrative support for the end-to-end recruitment process. You will learn to work within a team to provide a professional and proactive recruitment and administration service, ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a confidential, professional, prompt and efficient way.
As well as supporting you to gain professional qualifications, your on the job experience will ensure you develop your HR and administrative skills alongside your studies.
Initially you will work in a busy recruitment team, where you will support recruitment process from advert right through to pre-employment checks. This could be managing application forms, sending invites to interview or carrying out an exit interview.
There will also be opportunities to work across all areas of HR. If you are considering a career in HR, this will be your first step in developing all the skills and behaviours to make you a great HR practitioner. Prior HR experience is not required.
Minimum Essentia Criteria
Apprentices with a mathematics and English level 2 qualification must be able to provide certificates as evidence of achievement.
• apprentices without a minimum Level 2 qualification in English and mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to the end-point assessment and completion of the apprenticeship programme
• for those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and mathematics minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to the English qualifications for those for whom this is their primary language
• excellent computer skills around - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint at a minimum knowledge level equivalent to level 1 for office computer applications
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
• proactive with a high attention to detail
• self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
• excellent organisation skills
• good customer service skills
• ability and natural willingness to show initiative
• excellent communication skills
Our Apprenticeship benefits
• having a defined rotation plan where you will move to a different role within the wider team covering all areas within human resources
• you will be assigned a pastoral ‘buddy’ to provide support in that critical first step of moving into an office environment and juggling studies at the same time.
• over the initial 24 months, you will obtain a full professional qualification that is a Level 3 Qualification
• study package including 20% of role dedicated to study and development, all initial study materials, training provider, study materials exam submissions paid for
• coach, external to the team, to provide support outside of the normal line management. This coach will help the candidate identify and achieve personal goals
If you have any questions or would like to chat about the role, please call Lucy Whitehead, HR, Talent, Performance & Reward Manager on, 01905 843664 or email email@example.com
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter, demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date
Closing date: Sunday, 10 October 2021 11:59pm.
Interviews will take place in the weeks commencing 11 and 18 October 2021.
In return you’ll get access to lots of training and development and the following benefits:
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (potential to match up to 30 days)
• career average pension scheme
• access to a range of leisure, fashion, travel and lifestyle discounts
We are proud to offer flexible working as standard, so that you can split your time between the office and home.
Worcestershire County Council is committed to promoting equality and diversity and ensuring that all appointments are made based on the suitability of a candidate to the role only.
We are inclusive, this is important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
In line with the "Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, we do not automatically reject applicants with a criminal record. Every application will be considered individually, considering the nature and circumstances of the conviction and the type of work applied for. You will not be asked to disclose 'spent' convictions unless the work requires access to children and vulnerable adults.