Family Support Worker
Family Support Worker
£20,903 to £27,041 pro rata
Hours per week: 6.25 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Fixed term till 31 August 2022 to provide additional education or undertake a specific project for which special funding has been obtained for a known, limited period
The Federation of Cherry Oak School and Victoria School, with Victoria College
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 0121 477 0274
Job Start Date: 1 November 2021
Victoria College is a 19-25 provision for students with a range of special needs including physical disabilities, sensory, complex health care needs, including profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Federated with Cherry Oak School and Victoria School, Victoria College provides students with an outstanding education in a caring environment.
We require a Part time family support worker to support students in their transition into and out of college as they prepare for Adulthood.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
• their knowledge, skills and experience of supporting students with special needs
• their knowledge and skills in maintaining a safe, happy and secure environment for students to thrive in
• the ability to consistently implement and develop support strategies for students
• the experience of supporting families and students in accessing the community and other services
• the passion and commitment to supporting young people with Complex and Profound Special Needs
• a supportive, warm and welcoming college community
• inherent rewards from the satisfaction of a job well-done to support students with special needs
• a flexible working environment
• employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date: 1 October 2021, 12 noon
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.