Class Teacher - Merryfields School
A Manor Hall Academy Trust School
Job Role - Class Teacher
Job role: Class teacher, required from January 2022
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: MPS £25,714 - £36,961 + £2,270 SEN point (subject to Teacher’s Pay & Conditions)
Merryfields is a generic special school for children aged 3-11 years in Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme. At Merryfields we provide a secure, stimulating and caring environment in which we give children the best possible start to their education. Staff work hard to maintain a friendly, cooperative and conscientious atmosphere and to provide a wide range of balanced learning experiences for every child, whatever their special need may be.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified teacher with a passion for teaching and learning, experience with pupils with SEN is preferable. NQT/ECTs are welcome to apply.
- Is able to demonstrate commitment to raising standards of teaching, learning and achievement
- Is committed to making a difference in our school community
- Is committed to working as part of a team and fully take part in the life of our school and our community
At Merryfields we can offer:
- A friendly and supportive welcome
- A commitment to your professional development
- A supportive and experienced Local Academy Board
- A positive school ethos which celebrates success and achievement
- Closing Date: Monday 4th October @ 09:00am
- Interviews: W/C Monday 11th October
We encourage all potential candidates to contact the Head teacher, Neil Brannigan, for an informal discussion. Application forms are available by contacting the school and should be returned by email to Kelly Percival at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a supporting letter of no more than two A4 sheets, detailing your strengths and experience. Only fully completed applications will be accepted, do not include CV’s.
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A copy of the Safeguarding Policy is available on the school website. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.