Teaching Assistant (St John the Evangelist Catholic Academy)
Teaching Assistant (Key Stage Two)
Both whole class and 1:1 support. Required as soon as possible
The Academy Committee of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant (Level 4) for 25hrs per week to work within our Key Stage Two.
Actual salary £11,134 - £11,853
St. John’s is part of the Newman Catholic Collegiate. The Directors are seeking to appoint a hardworking and committed Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team. We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant (additional needs) who will:
- Be committed to actively upholding the catholic ethos of our school
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, committed to raising standards
- Be creative, imaginative and innovative
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement, attainment and behaviour
- Be a strong team player
- Have good communication skills at all levels
- Be able to support a child/ group of children making adjustments to the curriculum
- Be proactive and flexible in supporting the child’s needs
- Work closely with the SENCO to offer support to meet targets
- Support and maintain positive links between home and school by making parents feel
- Have NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or recognised equivalent qualification)
St John the Evangelist Catholic Academy can offer a friendly and caring working atmosphere with well-behaved and motivated children.
Please contact Mrs S Walklet, Academy Manager, for an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 987200.
St John the Evangelist Catholic Academy,
Stoke on Trent
St John the Evangelist Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
The post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure Barring Service.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/