Catering Assistant - St George's Junior School
4 days left
St George's Junior School, Shrewsbury Catering Assistant
12.5 hours per week
Term Time only
45.80 weeks per year pro rata
Grade 2 £18,198 pro-rata £9.43/hour
Fixed Term in the first instance until 31/8/2022 Closing date: Midday 22nd September 2021 Interviews week commencing Friday 24th September 2021 As in any new role, the successful candidate will be placed on a 3-month probationary period.
Required from September/October 2021
The Governors of St George’s Junior School seek to appoint a Catering Assistant.
Reporting to the Cook in Charge and joining a friendly team of 4 with the responsibility of preparing and serving healthy meals for 250 pupils per day. Duties include basic food preparation, food service and cleaning. Full training will be given within the role, uniform provided. A DBS will be required and carried out, experience not essential, full training will be given within the role, uniform provided.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with the Cook in Charge and the rest of the kitchen staff team, the Catering Assistant will be responsible for the following areas of work:
- Preparation and presentation of food to the highest standards
- Serving and clearing the food areas to exceptionally high standards
- Washing up crockery and utensils after service to an exceptionally high standard
- Actively involved in the cleaning of the catering equipment on a daily and weekly basis as directed by the Cook in Charge in accordance with the school kitchen’s cleaning rotas
- Be confident in dealing with concerns as they arise and taking corrective action if necessary
- Actively encourage the children to enjoy a well-balanced diet and make sensible choices
- Together with the Cook in Charge, be willing to attend parents’ evenings, school functions and other school events to encourage use and awareness of the kitchen’s service
- Be confident in the use of appropriate equipment
- The post holder must be willing to undertake any training relevant to the post, i.e. Foundation Hygiene Certificate/Health and Safety Certificate
Please email Sharon Pacini for an application form: