Operations Manager Markets
This is an exciting opportunity to be key a part of the Markets Service function within City Operations at Birmingham City Council.
It’s an exciting and challenging time in the Markets Service as we continue to promote and grow our markets, which are over 800 year old, and prepare for the transition to Birmingham's Smithfield Development which heralds a new market at it's heart.
We are looking for someone who is both a strategic and local thinker, understands the national and local retail sector challenges we face and can research and deliver solutions, including developing new policies, to help respond to these challenges.
You will have experience of delivering a frontline customer service, developing and maintaining positive relationships internally and with external partners and be able to produce reports and other material to a very high standard, alongside this possess strong business/data analytical skills.
This is fast moving service area where there are daily issues to be resolved, as can be expected when managing three markets with a total of over 300 trading units, open six days a week (Monday to Saturday). The successful candidate will need to be flexible and able to work across the function. This includes being on the market floor, managing projects, budgets, leases, licences , and performance reporting.
You will also have experience of successfully managing people and projects, producing, delivering reports and presentations and be able to work under your own initiative
To manage, direct and develop the Bull Ring Markets Service including all markets sites and staff to ensure that all business needs are met and that the expectations of tenants are fulfilled. To manage the procurement and delivery of all contracts and budgets in line with council policy.
- leading, motivating and managing services with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve significant, sustainable improvements and positive outcomes through internal and external partnerships
- leading the delivery of strategic objectives and policies through effective service planning
- leading negotiations with traders on fees, charges and service agreements, including leases
- delivering major workforce and operational change;
- managing conflict in a complex adversarial environment
- managing significant budgets
- managing procurement and delivery of services and contracts
- delivering services in a complex, high pressure environment
- managing a large multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, unionised workforce
- a working knowledge of markets and health and safety legislation.
The Markets Service operates 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday) from 5am to 8pm.
Hours of work:
• Will be required to work 5/7 working pattern as required.
• Hours will need to be flexible to accommodate service delivery and hours may need to be worked at weekends and bank holidays.
• Will operate under the corporate FLEX system.
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
Please give particular attention to the essential criteria for the role as outlined on the Person Specification when making your application.
For further information please contact Sajeela Naseer, Head of Licensing, Markets, Registration Services and Private Sector Housing; E-mail:email@example.com; Tel: 07766924955
Interviews for this post will take place in person. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.
Job Description & Person Specification