Finance Officer (Pine Green Academy & Evergreen Academy)
6 days left
PINE GREEN ACADEMY & EVERGREEN ACADEMY
Permanent Contract, 37 hours per week, Whole Year
SET Grade 7 Scale points 24 – 28
FTE Salary £23,541 – £27,041 per annum
We are seeking to appoint a Finance Officer to organise and deliver effective financial systems for our schools. Working under the direction of the Executive Headteacher the successful candidate will manage the efficient operation of the school’s accounting function, in accordance with the financial handbook. The successful candidate will:
- Support the budget setting process for the school in conjunction with the Executive Headteacher and central finance team.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the school’s accounting function according to agreed procedures.
- Support the budget setting process for the school in conjunction with the Headteacher and central finance team.
- Provide financial management information to and directly advise the SMT and Academy Council.
- Monitor accounting procedures and resolve any problems, including the ordering, processing and payment for all goods and services provided to the school; the operation and regular reconciliation of bank accounts; and preparation of invoices, collection of fees and other dues, and recovery of bad debts.
- Prepare monthly budget monitoring reports for review by the Principal.
- Liaise with the central finance team in respect of external and internal audit information/requests.
When appointed you will work collaboratively with the EHT and the Trust operational teams, in order to ensure the efficient and effective operation of school funds.
Applicants must have:
- Level 3 Business /Finance Qualification/ AAT Intermediate qualification
- 3-5 years’ financial experience
We offer excellent benefits which include:
- Access and contribution to the LGPS pension scheme
- The facilities of our Institute of Education and superb opportunities for personal development and growth.
- 28 / 30 day’s paid holiday + Bank Holidays (under 5 /over 5 years’ service)
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Access to Occupational Health/Well-being services
- Paid Special Leave
Pine Green Academy is a special day school for 126 children aged 7-16 with Social, Emotional
and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH), and shares a site with Evergreen Academy, a special
short-term Pupil Referral Unit provision for 32 children aged 4 – 11 with SEMH.
Both schools are at an exciting phase in their development. We are in the fourth year, following
academy conversion, now being sponsored by The Shaw Education Trust. We are a small school
and PRU where all pupils are well known and understood by our experienced staff and we are
proud of our pastoral care, which ensures our pupils are well supported.
About the Shaw Education Trust
The Shaw Education Trust are a growing multi academy trust, which places high achievement
at the heart of all we do. We are determined that no child attending a Shaw Education Trust
Academy should have their opportunities limited by their background or by their ability.
Our Institute of Education provides commissioned support to schools to enable all to be world
- Supporting individuals and groups to GROW towards achieving their potential
- Providing opportunities for excellent colleagues to CONTRIBUTE to the overall success of the Trust
- Enabling support and opportunities for colleagues to FLOURISH in their role, within their school and across the wider Trust family of schools
If you would like to discuss this role and joining our Academies, then please make contact through
the email@example.com and we will arrange for a member of the team to call
Application forms can be downloaded at www.shaw-education.org.uk/careers In line with our
safer recruitment policy CV’s will not be accepted.
The closing date for applications is 23 September 2021 5pm
Candidate Selection/Interviews – Friday 1 October
Completed Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org