Learning Support Practitioner – (Refocus)
TA2 Scale, points 5-6 plus SEN allowance
32 hours Term Time Only plus 5 TED Days;
Required: 18th October 2021 - Intially a fixed term contract
The Forge Secondary Short Stay School, situated in Redditch is looking to appoint motivated, inspirational and enthusiastic support practitioner to join our successful team in October or as soon as possible
If you like a challenge and would like to test your skills in a rewarding yet demanding environment, we would like to hear from you. We are a progressive school, working to a set of Therapeutic Community Principles, with a trauma informed approach, focussing on psychosocial change. We think this is the ‘alternative’ in alternative provision for the 21st Century.
Prevention work is a key aspect of our service level agreement with Worcestershire children first. The new post holder will be responsible for supporting with the delivery of Refocus provision to pupils who are at risk of permanent exclusion from mainstream schools and Response delivery through outreach to mainstream schools.
The purpose of this role is:
• To support pupils both inside and outside of the classroom
• To play a full role in implementing the school’s agreed learning and behaviour policies
• To provide support and guidance to pupils and those engaged with them including their school by removing barriers to learning in order to promote effective participation, enhanced individual learning , raise aspirations and achieve successful re-intergration to school.
• To actively promote the educational aims and ethos of the school.
The Ideal candidate will have :
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification, or equivalent relevant experience in working with young people.
• Current and relevant experience of working with vulnerable and challenging children.
• Excellent written, communication and organisational skills
• The ability to identify the challenges and barriers that many young people experience and to engage in strategies to help them to overcome these barriers.
• An understanding of the challenges facing young people and the desire to help young people overcome these challenges on a day to day basis.
If you would like to find out more or would like an application pack emailed to you then please contact our Business Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01527 597936
Applications form and job description are also available www.theforge.worcs.sch.uk/vacancies
OFCOURSE - SAFEGUARDING THE CONDITIONS FOR GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN. ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES AND DBS CHECKS AND RIGOROUS INTERVIEW
Closing date: 23rd September 2021