Grade 1 or 2 depending on experience
27 ½ hrs per week (ideally 7.30am-1pm but some flexibility) -Temporary in the first instance - 31st August 2022
At Blackwell First School we aim to educate the whole child and to ensure children are happy, healthy and fulfil their potential in terms of development of skills for life, social and moral values and academic success.
Blackwell First School is looking to appoint a hard working, reliable and professional kitchen assistant to join our successful team.
The successful applicant will have:
- Skills in order to cook fresh food for large numbers in a kitchen to a high standard, including hygiene skills
- Support the experienced cook, where required, to plan menus
- Have a strong knowledge of catering of food allergies and intolerances
- High level of professional attitudes, manner and confidentiality
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively and under time pressure
- Good attendance, be reliable and punctual
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and be able to set out and put away tables and benches each day
This post is subject to a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Blackwell First School is committed to the provision of equal opportunities, diversity and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Visits are warmly welcomed from prospective candidates. Please phone the school office on 0121 445 1622 to book a visit.
Please look on our school website for further information www.blackwellfirstschool.com or contact the school office and speak to Mrs Garner (administrator).
Closing date for applications: 30.9.21 9am (Please include an email address and mobile phone number on your application form as well as email addresses for your referees. We also require a signature on your original application form.)
Interviews: 1.10.21 – we will notify you of interview on 30.9.21
Please download an application form, person specification and job description below and send applications to the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.