Start Date - 1st November 2021
Post – Nursery Practitioner
Location – Silkmore Primary Academy, Exeter Street, Stafford, ST17 4EG
Employer - Reach2 Academy Trust
Salary - NJC Grade 4 SCP 5-6 £19,312-£19,698 FTE 23 hours per week (Monday/Tuesday/Friday 8.30-3.30. Thursday 12.00-3.30)
Term time only plus inset days Actual Salary £10,280-£10,485
This post is initially fixed term until 31st July 2022 and the contracted hours could increase during the year due to a current employee reducing their hours
Silkmore Primary Academy is an outstanding one-form entry school located in Stafford. We have 245 pupils on roll and cater for 2 -11 years children only. At Silkmore we believe that children should learn through discovery and be fully immersed in their learning. The creative, connected curriculum engages our children and takes them on an exciting learning journey that equips them with life skills and develops their learning attitudes.
We are part of the REAch2 Academy Trust family and foster close links with other schools throughout the Trust aiming to share resources, facilities and expertise to ensure the best teaching and learning possible.
Potential candidates should have a full and relevant Early Years qualification.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated, enjoy working with children and be passionate about making a positive difference to children’s lives
- Be creative and committed to making learning interesting and fun
- Inspire trust, instil confidence and embrace challenges, in order to raise pupil expectation and attainment
- Be able to work as part of a successful, hardworking, dedicated team
Candidates should also:
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Have experience of working within an Early Years Setting
- Works well within a team
- Displays initiative and ability to work independently
- Is enthusiastic and dynamic
- Be reliable with a sense of commitment
- Have a calm and patient manner
- Use praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
We can offer you:
- A strong, caring, friendly and enthusiastic staff team committed to achieving high standards
- A strong emphasis on teamwork
- Opportunities to grow and develop as a professional
- The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives and life-chances of pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to receiving your application.
You will be joining the REAch2 Academy Trust, a national family of primary academies committed to raising standards and achieving excellence for all pupils, whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike.
Silkmore Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references