Assistant Waste Manager
4 days left
WOLVERHAMPTON CITY COUNCIL
WASTE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES ASSISTANT MANAGER
Applications are invited from suitably experienced Assistant Managers to work in the service group delivering the Councils Waste Collection Service.
You will be self-motivated with proven leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to motivate and lead staff during periods of large-scale transformation and change.
You should hold an NVQ or equivalent in Waste Management as well as a WAMITAB Level 4 certificate in Waste and Resource Management.
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in relation to waste services is essential as is experience of deploying resources within this environment.
Commercial acumen and the ability to assess and provide quotations for environmental works carried out by the service is a key requirement of the role.
Waste Services Assistant Manager
£36,922 - £41,881
1 x FULL TIME CONTRACT
- Have experience of working in a waste collection and disposal environment and leading large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Hold a current full HGV Class 2 driving licence.
- Be able to work as part of a management team ensuring excellent standards are achieved at all times.
- Have the ability to manage and mitigate risks in a waste collection setting.
- Demonstrate and promote excellent customer care and practice.
- Share the Councils commitment towards waste minimisation and improved recycling opportunities.
- Undertake duties that cover domestic, special and commercial waste collections.