SEND Casework Officer
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Casework Officer
£23,632 to £25,579
Post being recruited to:
- 35 hours per week per week permanent post
- 21 hours maternity cover post
- Job share of hours maybe considered please contact the recruiting manager via the details below
WCF are looking for individuals with experience of working within the area of Special Educational Needs and Disability.
Worcestershire Children First’s Special Educational Needs (SEND) Service oversees and co-ordinates the Council's responsibilities for SEND, including casework management for over 4,000 children and young adults who have Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
We are looking for a SEN casework officers to join our Team. You will hold your own caseload of children and young people undergoing an Education Health Care Needs Assessment or who already have an EHC Plan, ensuring the Local Authority meets its statutory duty for EHC assessment timelines and compliance, as well as Annual Reviews of EHCPs and Phase Transfers.
At WCF, we offer:
- Flexible & agile working.
- Free car parking.
- Professional development opportunities such as the NASEN SEND Casework Award.
- Development support from experienced team managers.
- Solution focused team working delivering shared goals.
- Well-being support through wellbeing champions and mental health first aiders and the offer of wellbeing days.
- Benefits of mental health support, physiotherapy, gym membership, and annual flu vaccinations
If you are educated to degree level or can demonstrate equivalent experience/qualifications and you are passionate about special educational needs and helping children, young people and their families achieve their best outcomes apply to join our friendly and supportive team who will help you to develop and build your career in SEND. If you have any job specific questions don’t hesitate to contact Lucy Hall (email@example.com) or Sarah Winwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 3rd October 2021
Proposed Interview Date: TBC