Preschool Deputy Manager
Start date: Monday 27th February 2017 End date: TBC (July possibly Dec 2017)
Working hours: 8.45am – 12:45pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday term time only in line with Solihull MBC term dates. Occasional Mondays may also be required.
Hampton-in-Arden Preschool is a small, committee run setting in the quiet village of Hampton-in-Arden. We have an Ofsted “Good” rating and are registered to take up to 24 children aged 2 - 4 years.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated deputy manager to join our team to cover maternity leave. You will be responsible for supporting the manager in the day-to-day running of the pre-school ensuring that all children receive stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development and their individual needs.
You must have excellent people and communication skills as you will liaise with parents, staff and other professionals from outside agencies. In addition, an excellent understanding of the EYFS framework and good IT and administrative skills as you will be required to update key children’s online learning journals.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, committed team who work well together and welcome new initiatives and ideas. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
You will need to have the following qualifications/experience:
· Minimum CYPW Level 3 / NNEB or a nationally recognised Level 3 Early Years Qualification
· Minimum of 12 months experience working in an early years setting
· Excellent knowledge of the EYFS framework and requirements
· Good IT skills
· Good interpersonal skills, be willing to work as part of a team, a passion for delivering quality care and learning experiences for children and a willingness to be ‘hands on’ in the day to day running of the preschool
DBS requirements: Appointment to this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children. This application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Desirable but not essential qualifications/experiences:
· Relevant Level 4 qualification / Early Years Professional Status (EYPS )
· 2 years+ experience working in an early years setting, with at least 12 months experience of supervising staff
· Safeguarding Level 1 / valid Paediatric First Aid certificate / Food Hygiene certificate
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your completed application form to Nicola Stocks, Preschool Manager:
Post: Nicola Stocks - Preschool Manager, Scout & Guide Headquarters, Shadowbrook Lane, Hampton-in-Arden, Solihull B92 0DQ
Closing date: Friday 20th January 2017 Interviews: w/c 23rd January 2017