Safeguarding Team Manager
Safeguarding Team Manager
Part time - 18.5 h
Salary: £51,901 - £54,934 - pro rata
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Team Manager. The role will support the continuous improvement of the quality and effectiveness of the service.
The Safeguarding Service aims to provide high quality and expert independent chairs for Child Protection Conferences , Children and Young People in Care reviews as well as Independent Foster Home Review Officers, to ensure the best possible plans are made to enable children to grow up in safe and stable homes, where they can achieve their full potential.
Duties will include;
- Ensure that children and young people are at the centre of what we do.
- To support the Safeguarding Service Manager in ensuring the operational effectiveness of the Independent Reviewing Officers (IRO), Child Protection Conference Chairs (CPCC) and Independent Foster Home Review Officers (IFRO) Service.
- To have direct supervisory and appraisal responsibility for a group of IRO/ CPCC/IFRO).
- To promote and lead on areas of quality assurance and continuous improvement for the service.
- To ensure that the allocation of work within the team meets the needs of children and families.
- To effectively contribute to service and departmental business plans and to accountable for the delivery of the service.
- To represent the service within multi-agency forums and to contribute to the development of policy and practice in Children’s Services across the city.
- To provide effective leadership within the service, taking responsibility, being accountable and motivating staff within the team.
To act as a champion within the service for restorative practice.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For more information please contact Sonia Mahay Safeguarding and Child Exploitation Service Manager.
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Formal panel interviews and presentations will be held 04 October 2021.
Closing date Sunday 23th September 2021 at midnight.
Job Description and Person Specification