Poverty Proofing Co-ordinator (West Midlands)
Children North East is an innovative charity and we are looking to recruit an excellent Poverty Proofing Coordinator to deliver the ‘Poverty Proofing© the School Day Programme’ in the West Midlands. Poverty Proofing© the School Day is a programme which combats the barriers to learning for disadvantaged students and involves engaging in meaningful and effective consultation with students, school staff and senior leaders. The Poverty Proofing Co-ordinator will also contribute to the wider work of the schools team including curriculum based outdoor education and wider wellbeing interventions.
- To be accountable to the Poverty Proofing Team Manager for service delivery and development.
- To carry out Poverty Proofing in Health Settings including consultation with staff, the general public, and feedback to senior managers.
- To carry out Poverty Proofing the School Day audits in both Primary and Secondary schools in the West Midlands. This includes conducting research with children, young people, parents, school staff and governors, and feeding back to the senior leadership teams your findings. This may also include other educational settings.
- To support additional Poverty Proofing activities across a variety of additional sectors.
- To gather the views of children and young people of all ages using a Children’s Rights based approach.
- To respond to and report any Safeguarding concerns to your line manager, ensuring compliance with Children North East Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- To develop, deliver training and CPD sessions to professionals across a variety of sectors considering the impact of poverty within communities.
- To contribute to the delivery and co-ordination of Poverty Proofing the School Day training the trainers packages both in and out of the West Midlands.
- Create new networks and manage effective stakeholder relationships.
- Support the Service and Team Managers in income generation for the service, including contributions to marketing and selling Poverty Proofing programmes, and funding bids.
- To undertake recording, monitoring and evaluation tasks and prepare reports to meet service requirements.
- Co-ordinate and lead on project evaluations and reports to demonstrate project impact.
- To challenge policy and practice at a local, regional and national policy level.
- To attend team meetings, individual supervision sessions and annual appraisal as agreed with the Poverty Proofing Team Manager.
- To lead and manage students, sessional workers and volunteers in accordance with CNE management protocols.
- To promote the work of Poverty Proofing by speaking at conferences and events and contributing to publications.
- To undertake training as agreed with the Poverty Proofing Team Manager.
For a full candidate pack and to apply, please visit the “Our Vacancies” section of our website.