Part time seasonal Ceremony Usher 50 hours per year
£18562.00 - £19312.00 pro rata p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
50.0 Hours per Year
Are you looking for a rewarding role working with members of the public during key moments in their lives?
We are looking for an usher to undertake the duties of being first point of contact and ushering our ceremonies at our Ceremony Suite at Solihull Register Office.
You will have experience of delivering high quality customer service as well as the following:-
- The ability to manage and organise large groups of people.
- Be able to deal with sensitive and difficult situations.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and to plan effectively.
- Be the welcoming face for all our couples and their guests
The hours are annualised; working up to 50 hours over a 12 month period mostly on Saturdays and the occasional, bank holidays on a rota basis.
In return we offer:-
- A friendly and supportive team.
- A structured training programme and opportunity to develop new skills.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Donna Palfrey or Shaun Dumigan, on 0121 704 6656.
Interviews will be held w/c 25th October 2021
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification