Senior Social Worker - Children in Care
1 x Senior Social Worker
NJC Scale PO9 £38,890 - £41,881 per annum
37 hours per week
Golden Hello: £3,000
Market Factor payment £2,500 per annum
Essential car user allowance
Do you aspire to work for an ‘Outstanding’ Local Authority? Here at Telford and Wrekin Council, we have been judged to be outstanding overall in terms of effectiveness (the only Authority in the West midlands with this judgement and one of only 14 Authorities in the Country).
Here’s just some of the great things Ofsted had to say when they visited us recently:
• Children are cared for and cared about
• Social Workers and other staff who support children are very committed and they are exceptionally well trained
• Children are listened to and their experiences are well understood
• Senior Leaders aspire to a service for every child that they would welcome for their own
• Children benefit from a stable workforce which is highly committed and experienced
• Staff experience a wide range of development opportunities.There’s never been a more exciting time to join our adults and children’s teams: alongside making a difference to the lives of individuals and families, we’re adopting exciting new strengths-based approaches and are passionate about delivering continuous service improvement. Our people are at the heart of this progress: that’s why from tailored in-house training to the West Midlands Teaching Partnership, we make sure they have access to the best development opportunities. This and manageable workloads means that our work is changing lives. If you share our passion for making a difference, we would be delighted if you joined us.
As a Senior Social Worker, you will manage a complex and varied caseload, having autonomy in your day to day practice. In doing so, you will lead on complex assessments and provide evidence as necessary in court proceedings. You may undertake complex tasks such as chairing significant meetings, offering expert support and advice to a range of panels and professionals, producing high quality and more specialised assessments and reports for a range of functions, undertaking local peer audits of quality. You will need to consistently model good practice, setting expectations for others. We are a seeking skilled, effective practitioner with in-depth knowledge and skills in one or more fields of practice, which have been developed through formal post-qualifying training and development activity.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk while promoting enablement and self-determination
You will need to have significant post qualifying experience in children’s social care, including safeguarding children, assessment and support planning, and the implementation of interventions to improve outcomes for children and families within the borough
Experience of consistent exceptional application of legislation and best practice within complex case work is essential for the role.
You will be recognised by peers and colleagues from other professions as a source of reliable knowledge and advice.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered. We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check. Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
For any queries, please contact Patrick Ellis (Team Leader) on 01952 385 817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Telford & Wrekin Children's Social Care, please view our recruitment page: https://www.telford.gov.uk/cscr
Closing date: 21 October 2021
Interviews: 19 October 2021
4054 Senior Social Worker JD & PS.docx