Victim Care Co-ordinator
Staffordshire Victims Gateway and Restorative Justice Service provides information, advice and or practical and emotional support to victims of crime to help them cope and recover from their experience and to exercise their rights as determined by the Victims Code.
Post holder will will be employed by Citizens Advice Staffordshire North & Stoke on Trent, your primary base of work will be Chesterton, Newcastle however you will be expected to agile work out of partnership venues across the designated area and attend other sites across the county for training and team meetings.
There may be occurrences where you are expected to cover other areas across the county of Staffordshire. The post holder will be required to travel as part of their role and a driving licence is essential.
As a Victim Care Coordinator you will;
- provide effective and high quality generic casework support to victims of crime to enable them to cope and recover from their experience
- facilitate Victim led Restorative Justice interventions
- liaise with other Criminal Justice partners including the police on behalf of victims
- facilitate effective introductions an onward referrals to specialist services
- advocate on behalf of victims both individually and collectively, for improvements in services and support where gaps or weaknesses are identified
- assist the Assessment team Co-ordinator with the supervision of the Gateway Assessment Team’s work in contacting, assessing and advising victims when required
- work agilely within a geographical area and within partnership premises
Flexibility is a key characteristic of all our posts and the post-holder may be asked to carry out other tasks consistent with the grade from time to time. The service operates between the hours of 9am-8pm 7 days a week
Applicants will be expected to work some unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Post holder will be subject to DBS checks and Enhanced Police Vetting Checks.