Mobile Operations Manager
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities
Are you ready to make a real difference to citizens of the West Midlands?
Be at the heart of UK Policing’s most ambitious technology transformation - use your mobile technology skills and experience to help prevent crime, protect the public, and help those in need.
West Midlands Police is undertaking a period of unparalleled change and innovation; Technology is pivotal to both maintaining operational capabilities and building future success.
As the Mobile Operations Manager you will be leading the newly created Mobile Operations team. You will be responsible for facilitating and reporting on the success of operational digital technologies, working with the wider organisation to ensure their maximum effectiveness. You to be an expert in this field and bring your extensive knowledge and experience to lead the team, both in terms of the existing use of mobile technologies already in place within the Police Force as well as alternative methods which could bring about service improvement.
We'd really welcome your application if:
- You are skilled in the management, commissioning and assessment of ideas for digital technology (e.g. new mobile apps).
- You can demonstrate an ability to maintain the force’s digital roadmaps.
- You are able to ensure the organisation understands the uptake and effectiveness of digital technologies.
- You can use your knowledge and experience to provide subject matter expertise to senior stakeholders regarding digital technology.
- You have demonstrable experience of managing suppliers and budgets for key digital technology.
The community we serve within the West Midlands is fantastically diverse. West Midlands Police is an equal opportunities employer, meaning we value diversity and shape our workforce to best match and reflect the people we serve. You will be part of an already incredibly diverse and balanced team in terms of skill sets, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status and ethnic background. The strong team ethos helps us deliver on our departmental mission statement in "Enabling WMP to serve our communities through innovative and empowering technology."
Further information around the specific duties of the role and the skill sets required are contained in the Job Description attached.