£20,903 to £27,041 pro rata
Hours per week: 36.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Acocks Green Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 706 2165
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Acocks Green Primary School is an Outstanding standalone academy with pupils aged between 3 and 11. We are looking for someone warm, well-organised, reliable and enthusiastic with proven experience in dealing with constantly changing priorities. The successful candidate will be expected to deal efficiently with a wide range of enquiries from parents, pupils and staff.
We are seeking an individual who has:
• excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• experience of working in a school or similar role
• the ability to work under pressure
• excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
• the ability to work both without supervision and as part of a busy team.
Your duties will include:
• ensuring the smooth running of the administrative functions of the school
• tracking school attendance
• dealing with the school’s admission process (knowledge of Birmingham Schools Admission Portal would be preferable)
We can offer you:
• a successful and vibrant place to work
• a genuine opportunity to make a difference
• friendly and hardworking staff who are open to new initiatives
• an active and supportive Governing Body
• a commitment to your continued professional development
• happy children!
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Closing Date: 8 October 2021, 12 midday
Please email email@example.com to request an application pack or phone 0121 706 2165.
Interviews will take place on Monday 18 October.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.