Family Time Workers
Job title: Family Time Workers
Salary: Grade 5 £19,698 - £20,903 plus essential car user allowance
Location: opportunities across Staffordshire in Cannock, Burton Upon Trent, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Moorlands, Stafford, South Staffordshire, Codsall, Tamworth
Working pattern: Full time 37hrs | Part time | Flexible – we’re happy to discuss different needs
Our Family Time Workers are crucial when it comes to supporting vulnerable children and families in our community. And with working hours to fit around your other commitments, it’s a great role for work/life balance.
About the role
Our Family Time Workers are really important to us, playing a critical role in supporting children in our care to have quality family time. You’ll be giving parenting guidance during family time, helping parents and children to build and/or sustain healthy relationships. Your observations will form part of the ongoing social work assessment and so importantly you’ll keep and update records, reports, and documentation to keep track of the great work you’re doing with your families.
Sometimes you may need to help transport children and young people to the family time sessions and this might be outside of normal working hours but you’ll be able to be flexible and work out how best you can support these sessions each week.
What you’ll bring
As well as a passion for helping and supporting children and their families you’ll need to have:
- A minimum NVQ 3 in working with children and families or equivalent experience of working with children and families
- Experience of direct work with children, their families and carers in a statutory or voluntary agency which provides services to vulnerable children and their families
- Experience in the use of IT including Microsoft packages
- An understanding of child development and the effect of stress and trauma on child development
- An understanding of the key pieces of policy, guidance and legislation which govern children’s social care
- Have access to a vehicle and a driving licence
- Be flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed to ensure we can provide support to families at suitable times
If you’re unsure whether your skills and experience meet the needs for the role though please get in touch with us, we’d love to chat to you! You can reach us at email@example.com
Our offer to you
Staffordshire County Council has one of the largest Children’s Services in England and is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted which offers great opportunities to progress your career here. We’re known for our supportive approach and we want everyone here to have real purpose in their work and a good work life balance to have time to do the things we enjoy
Here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days annual leave.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Monday 4 October 2021
Interview Date: asap following the closing date
For more information please contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.