Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of pupils during the lunchtime period.
Works under the general direction of the Senior MDS or other designated person in charge
Responsibility for others: The post has some impact on the well-being of individuals or groups (ie physical, mental, social, health and safety).
- Supervise toileting and washroom activity
- Escort children to and from dining room
- Supervise collection of meals and assist with use of cutlery
- Assist pupils when returning used plates, trays, cutlery, glasses/beakers and clearing tables
- Supervise pupils eating food brought from home and ensure packed lunch equipment is cleared away
- Supervise classroom and outside activities, encouraging inclusion
- Ensure orderly return to classroom
- Attend to minor accidents or to pupils who become ill
- Report to SMDS if accident occurs or if pupil falls ill
- Monitor pupil behaviour, intervening as necessary in accordance with behaviour policy
- Report to SMDS any breaches of school rules
6.25 Hours per Week
Literacy skills to be able to understand school policies and complete accident book
Be able to understand, comply and work within policies: eg. school behaviour policy, child protection policy, health and safety, confidentiality and other school rules
Be aware of cultural differences
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please apply using the Application provided with then advertisement, or call the school office to get an application form emailed. Tel: 01788 543423
Please email completed application forms to Mrs Beverley Copson, Office Manager. Admin3564@welearn365.com
Closing date: 31/12/2021
Interview date: TBC
English Martyrs Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.