Business Support Officer - Data, Exams and Cover Administrator
JOB TITLE: Business Support Officer – Data, Exams and Cover Administrator
LINE MANAGER: Office Manager, Head of Primary and Secondary
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: Executive Headteacher
HOURS OF WORK: 36.5 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks
SALARY: Grade 3 (FTE £20,020 to £25,720)
Contract Type: Permanent
- Provide administrative support to the resource and business functions of the school
- Be responsible for the administration of all school cover requirements
- Provide administrative and clerical support for all aspects of data, assessment and recording and support our data service provider
- Support the admissions officer in the maintenance of student records
- Be the named Exams Officer with administrative responsibility of GCSE’s and A-Level exams
Data, Assessment and Recording
- Support the admissions officer to transition new students to the school through the securing and inputting of personal and academic information.
- Be first point of contact for teacher attainment input queries, data collection and associated record keeping.
- Administer and support with the management and deployment of regular school reports to parents.
- Maintain SIMS modules to ensure accurate information, relating to personal, academic and other relevant aspects, is held on each student.
- Support the administration and arrangement of regular parents’ evenings and half-termly performance review meetings with parents.
- Provide information relating to attainment and achievement to managers and senior leaders in the organisation to support the analysis of academic performance.
- Secure receipt and despatch of examination papers for GCSE and A Level examination.
- Administer the accurate and timely entry and arrangement of internal and external examinations at the school.
- Maintain manual and computerised records using the Management Information System (MIS) if required
- Organise timely cover for lessons
- Liaise with HR, Head of Primary, Head of Secondary and our approved staffing agencies to provide the relevant practitioners as required
- Check agency staff have a clear DBS and photo ID before directing them to class
- Ensure agency staff have; class timetable, class registers and fire and safeguarding information before deployment
- Have a good knowledge of a school MIS system and some experience of the cover module
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities as require to fulfil the role
- All employees are expected to show a responsible attitude to health and safety issues and have due regard for their personal safety and that of others.
- Support, uphold and contribute to the development of the school’s Equal Opportunities, Race Equality and Disability Policy and practices in respect of both employment issues and the delivery of services to the community.
- The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Executive Headteacher and Office Manager to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
- To attend appropriate staff meetings, training days and CPD sessions.
- The duties of the post could vary from time to time because of new legislation, changes in technology or policy; appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake new or varied work.
- Must be IT literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of the SIMS System would be desirable but not essential as training will be given.
If you have the skills, experience and qualifications to carry out the above tasks, please apply. Further information including the application form can be found on our website https://www.kingsolomonibs.com/Vacancies/
Should you have any questions about this role please ring the HR Manager on 0121 357 1905. Informal visits to the school are welcome.