Registration Support Officer
2 days left
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to join our team? If so, read on! Due to an internal promotion, we’re looking for a temporary, part time (2-3 days/15-22.5 hours per week) Registration Support Officer.
UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) is an accredited regulator of the UK’s public health profession. It is the professional regulator for the 40 percent of public health specialists and directors of public health who have a multi-disciplinary background, with the remainder regulated by the General Medical or Dental Councils. UKPHR also registers those below specialist level in the public health workforce, including public health specialty registrars and public health practitioners. UKPHR works closely with others in public health across the UK, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to support the ongoing professionalisation and accreditation of those working in public health. UKPHR is legally a charitable company accredited as a register with the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
About the role
The Registration Support Officer's role includes:
- Receiving, checking and processing applications to register with UKPHR
- Using our database to add new registrants and renew existing registrants
- Helping our registrants with their registration renewals; this includes gently reminding their renewal is due and processing their renewals
- Processing payments received, including sending receipts for payment via our database
- Making welcome packs for new registrants each month when they register with us
- Dealing with queries from various sources; this might mean helping someone understand how to register with us, answering a question from another colleague in another organisation, a query from one of our volunteer workforce or from an external person. This may include redirecting the query to the right person for an answer
- Using a shared mailbox for our email enquiries, so it would help if you’re familiar with using these
- Ordering stationery as and when required
- Helping to arrange and support events – this may be online or face to face
- You’ll need to be confident with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel, and have good communication skills
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills working with us, especially as we are a small team, and we are always looking at ways to improve our ways of working. We like to see ourselves as innovative and we are aware of the importance of working together and reflecting on how to improve
You can read the full job description here: UKPHR Registration Support Officer
You can read about UKPHR on our website here: https://ukphr.org/
Benefits of this role:
- Salary: £25,000 per year, pro-rata
- Work pattern: 12-month contract, with possibility of extension. Part-time: 2-3 days per week. Secondments are welcome.
- Leave allowance: 30 days per year, pro rata
- Location: The McLaren Building in central Birmingham, and home-working
- Other benefits: We support staff in their professional development
How to apply:
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1600 on Friday 22 October 2021.
Closing date: 22 October 2021 at 1600