Virtual School Pupil Premium Plus Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join Birmingham's Virtual School for children in care or previous care experience. We are one of the largest Virtual Schools in the country working to support over 2000 children and young people.
We are a passionate, hardworking and supportive team of over 22 staff working together to coordinate educational services and their education plans to support for children in care. We are dedicated to promoting and raising the educational achievement of children in care, so they can fulfil their educational potential through positive educational experiences, from early years through to the end of their formal education, employment or training pathway at 18 years. Our commitment is to deliver an outstanding service through strong advocacy for best practice achieved through collaborative engagement, support and professional challenge.
We are seeking to appoint a highly committed and motivational Virtual School Pupil Premium Plus Manager
A key aspect of the role is to support the Virtual School Headteacher through providing financial management to the Virtual School. This includes managing its budgets and accounts whilst monitoring its financial resources. This includes reporting or returns in the management of:
- The Department for Education’s grant for Children in care Pupil Premium Plus
- Any other awarded grants from the Department for Education’s to enable the Virtual School to fulfil its additional statutory duties to those children previously looked after or known to a social worker
- Any service budget allocation from Birmingham City Council to run the service
The successful candidate will support the Virtual School Headteacher to ensure Birmingham Virtual School is compliant with BCC Financial Rules and Regulations.
GCSE English and Maths grade C/5 or above, or equivalent qualifications.
A’ levels in equivalent subject matter or equivalent work related experience and qualifications
Are outlined on the job description and candidates must have:
- Experience of working within and providing financial support services to a large or public sector organisation (preferably Local Authority).
- Experience in Public Sector (preferably Local Authority) budgeting and accounting procedures.
- Experience of providing business intelligence that enables managers to take sound based policy and operational decisions, understanding their financial consequences and navigating through uncertainty
- Experience of developing and managing service improvements, savings, and action plans.
- Some working knowledge and experience of working with databases and reports
- Experience of working with vulnerable YP
- Experience of administration or business support for a Virtual School
- Some experience of working with a contractor and experience of commissioning of council contracts
- Experience of collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting and reporting children in care data and information to a range of audience
We offer a supportive work environment, that is friendly, collaborative and committed to promoting equal opportunities and enabling career progression . We offer a competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including: Local Government Pension Scheme, Subsidised travel passes, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work schemes, A confidential Employee Assistance Programme Access to an employee website offering discounts and cash back on hundreds of retailers, called My Rewards.
Quality of Life: Birmingham has been voted one of the best places to live in the UK with 25% of our residents below the age of 30 we are a young and vibrant city. Hosting the National Exhibition Centre, Grand Central, the Library of Birmingham, as well as museums and art galleries, hotels, shops, restaurants/cafes and many other places for you to visit and enjoy.
Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information.
For any informal enquiries please contact Lisa Smith on 07704538755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) - Enhanced Children's and Adult’s will be undertaken
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.
Job Description & Person Specification