Sandwell Academy has a strong reputation as a school of excellence. Staff and students enjoy a professional and focused approach to education, which is seen across the entire campus. The Academy has outstanding facilities encompassed in its modern, purpose built buildings. Students enjoy great success at the Academy, supported by the strong team ethos of our staff and our culture of celebrating achievement.
Working as part of the Inclusion team, you will monitor strategies and interventions for specific individuals. Full details of the role, the person specification and an application form can be downloaded below.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Experience working as a Teaching Assistant in a classroom setting
- An ability to work with the needs of the students and parents in our diverse community
- An ability to meet the needs and work with a number of young people in a busy classroom environment
- An ability to work with students in a small group situation
- Previous experience of working with students with ADHD and ODD
- A positive approach to working with our students, appreciating the benefits of working with young adults.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
- Highly developed organisational skills
- An eye for detail
- A dynamic personality including a capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
- High personal standards
- Excellent health and attendance record
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience or training related to working with children and young people
- A general desire to help and support children and young people from all backgrounds
Hours: Mon-Thu 8.15am - 4.00pm, Fri 8.15am - 3.30pm, (33.25 hours per week) term time only plus training days.
Salary: £11,500 - £15,000 depending on experience
Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 October 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within one week of the closing date. After this date you can assume your application has not been successful.
Sandwell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so you will need to take an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and therefore only applications submitted on the Academy's application form will be considered. We do not accept CV only applications.