Assistant Team Manager
37.0 Hours per Week
We are looking to appoint two Assistant Team Managers to join our established Hospital Social Work Team.
As part of an experienced and dedicated management team, you will play a key role in shaping and developing this service, whilst also delivering effective supervision and leadership to practitioners who provide a specialist social work service to people who require support to leave a hospital setting or require long term planning after a hospital admission across Solihull.
You will have a professional Social Work Qualification, Social Work England registration and substantial post qualifying experience of adult’s social work, as well as the ability to lead, develop, support and manage a group of person-centered and committed social care staff.
You will also have:
- Experience of working in a hospital social work team.
- Experience of working with other professionals in a multi-disciplinary way.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering person-centered and strengths based working
- Experience of managing positive risk taking and making decisions
- Experience of providing professional supervision to other workers
- Effective communication skills including the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information both verbally and in writing
In return, you will be supported by your peers and valued for your contribution in this challenging and highly rewarding role, as you motivate and coach workers to be excellent practitioners, whilst we strive to be a highly performing service that achieves the best outcomes for people in Solihull.
We also offer:
- Excellent training and development opportunities including access to leadership and management training.
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements.
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
In addition, our Midlands location means you will have great access all parts of the country, with great transport links and easy access to the diverse city of Birmingham. With an excellent standard of living, beautiful countryside on your doorstep and the cultural treats that come with this great location, Solihull is a great place to settle down.
So if you’re ready to combine an incredible quality of life with a rewarding career – and you’re passionate about making a difference for people with disabilities across Solihull – get in touch today.
To apply, please click on the link below.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Maxime Cane on 07867 373661 or email@example.com
Interview Date - w/c 1st November 2021
Please be advised that due to COVID-19, Solihull Council are keeping its recruitment processes and approach to face to face interviews under review and therefore alternative methods such as video conferencing may be required. Candidates who are selected for interview will be informed and advised accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification