We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Officer to join our team within the Local Engineering service.
The Technical Officer role is to provide support of a technical nature and assist officers within the Local Engineering service area with the management of resources and take individual responsibility for the delivery of service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivery of city-wide highway improvement schemes.
- Assist to develop, design and implement engineering schemes using AutoCAD etc.
- Prepare reports and respond to letters/petitions/emails.
- Deliver localised highways service.
- Prepare and deliver Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Operate Voyager for raising works orders, managing budgets and necessary financial monitoring and reporting.
- Undertake work outside of normal hours, evenings and or weekends.
You will need to hold relevant civil engineering related qualifications or equivalent professional qualifications; and a valid driving license.
Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information
For any enquiries please contact:
Sajid.Khan@birmingham.gov.uk or telephone 0121 464 2780
Karl.Randall@birmingham.gov.uk or telephone 0121 303 5374 or 07834767366
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.”
An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence using the English Language as required by Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016
Job Description & Person Specification