EYFS Teaching Assistant Level 3
Hours: 15 hours per week + opportunity for additional hours and possible increase in the future.
Contract Type: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract until 21st July 2022, Term Time Only (38 wks p.a.)
Location: Churchfield CE Primary Academy, Sandy Lane, Rugeley, WS15 2LB
We are looking for an innovative and highly motivated early years teaching assistant to join our enthusiastic and highly dedicated school team from Monday 1st November. At Churchfield CE Primary Academy we provide a range of exciting learning provocations for all of the children in our EYFS family. We aim to ensure our children receive the best standard of education and care, alongside providing them with opportunities for fun and laughter too.
Under the direction of the EYFS lead, you will be part of a team that delivers an exciting, creative yet challenging curriculum that is underpinned by a play-based approach.
Statement of Purpose:
To provide general support to the teacher OR room leader in the care of pupils, and management of the classroom. Assist teacher/room leader in the following:
Support for Pupils
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety
- Encourage pupils to interact with each other and engage in activities led by staff members
- Resource, implement and reflect on activities undertaken by the pupils, providing feedback to staff on children’s performance
- Contribute to the creation of an appropriate learning environment through display and classroom organisation.
- Ensure that appropriate learning resources are available for the pupils
- Within the school’s behaviour policy, apply behaviour management strategies and techniques to manage behaviour constructively and contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
Support for the Curriculum
- Use ICT effectively to support learning activities.
- Contribute to development of school policies and procedures by participation in working groups.
- Contribute to the development of the EYFS curriculum provision within the setting.
- The development, preparation and dissemination of appropriate materials.
- To be aware of, and maintain, specific school policies that relate to pupils in the classroom, i.e.; behaviour, equal opportunities and feedback where applicable.
- Attend training sessions for CPD purposes as required
Support for Parents
- To support the maintenance of positive links between home and school by making parents feel welcome, and develop links with other agencies.
Support to School
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Be involved in and contribute to whole school policy development.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Liaise effectively with teachers/parents/guardians, welfare officers, health visitors and other professional staff as part of the routine consultative process.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Attend relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.