Social Worker – MASH24
If you are seeking to develop your career in Social Work this is an exciting time to join the City of Wolverhampton Council.
As an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated service, we are committed to providing the best care and support to our Children and Families and our employees.
Taking pride in our work, we always place children and families at the heart of every decision.
Our vision for the Children and Young People Services is:
- To develop respectful and empowering relationships with children, young people and families
- To ensure children are at the centre of everything we do
- High aspirations, high expectations
We are looking for people like you, who are committed to developing the highest levels of innovative and creative practice with children and families to help them keep their children and safe and well. We believe the only way to achieve this is through the power of effective professional relationships and we will help you develop more skills through training like Restorative Practice and Motivational Interviewing, giving you the best possible range of methods and strategies to prevent and resolve situations that you might encounter, all with a highly competitive salary.
We invite applications from suitably experienced and qualified individuals for Social Worker positions in the above team.
You will have:
- Work within MASH environment providing a high quality and effective social work service to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines.
- Working a rolling shift rota including evening, weekdend and on call.
- To response to emergency out of hours for adult and children services, assess and plan and deliver focused intervention to safeguard children and adults and promote positive outcomes.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues across the city of Wolverhampton in order to promote the best outcomes for children, families and adults.
- A strong commitment to making a difference by ensuring the best outcomes for children and families
- The ability to be able to work with colleagues and deliver evidence-based approaches within your practice.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
- Social Work England registration
- Completed the Assessed Year of Employment or an equivalent post qualifying pathway
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
As part of the interview process, candidates will be required to undertake:
o A Children’s panel interview
o A written exercise
o A panel interview
For further information on these posts please contact:
Helen Patten, Service Manager via email to email@example.com
Written exercises will be held on Wednesday 17th November 2021
Children's panel interviews will take place on Saturday 20th November 2021
Formal panel interviews will take place on week commencing 6th December 2021
For information on working in Social Care for City of Wolverhampton Council please go to:
Please note a separate advert will be placed for Newly Qualified Social Workers as and when vacancies occur, as you will be supported by the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme.
More Social Worker roles may become vacant across Children’s Services during this recruitment campaign therefore if you are deemed as appointable following the interview process you may be offered an alternative post.
As you will be aware, due to COVID-19 we may be unable to meet with you in person, in which case arrangements will be made to undertake the recruitment process virtually. Further details will be sent out to shortlisted candidates after the closing date has passed.
You will be notified on the outcome of your application form as soon as possible after the closing date.
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Internal and external candidates closing date – Sunday 7th November 2021
Job Description and Personal Specification