Inclusion/SENCO- Ref: TV36221
Salisbury Primary School
Salsibury Street, Darlaston, WS10 8BQ.
Head teacher: Mrs D. Steen
Telephone: 0121 6674066
Inclusion/SENCO- Ref: TV36221
Teachers pay scale: MI-UP3 and TLR/SEN point depending on experience
Required for January 2022
Inclusion/SENCO – 60% Class teacher/40% SEND release time – the Governors would consider a part time role (2.5/3 days) with no teaching commitment.
Due to new teaching opportunities teaching abroad for our current SENCo we are able to offer the position at Salisbury.
Salisbury Primary School is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2019) and we are one of the best schools in Walsall for progress outcomes for KS1 & KS2 data which we are very proud of.
The governors of our school are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-motivated outstanding teacher with SENDCo responsibilities to join our team of dedicated staff and wonderful children.
Your role will be key in raising the attainment and progress of SEND children in our school. You will be able to develop effective ways of overcoming barriers to learning and sustaining effective teaching to meet pupils’ needs.
You must be a good or outstanding practitioner. A good understanding of inclusion and the needs of EAL learners and their parents will be an advantage. Holding the National SENCO Award is desirable and salary (SEN point/TLR) will reflect this. If this award is not held by the candidate, a willingness to achieve this within 3 years is essential.
We are looking for an individual with commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils. In return we can offer a supportive working environment where all staff are valued and where there are opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Hold a SENCO qualification or willing to work towards it.
- A good understanding of SEND and be responsible for the day to day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability.
- Love of learning and dedication to their own professional development.
- Have high expectations of pupils and be an excellent classroom practitioner in EYFS/KS1/KS2.
- The ability to monitor, analyse data and be able to lead and motive others by example.
- Have good organisational skills and be able to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
- Enthusiasm for collaborative team-work and sharing best practice with others.
- To monitor and assure the quality of teaching and learning, for SEN in line with the school policy and the SEND code of practice. (This may include lesson observations, monitoring of planning and scrutiny of pupils’ work and assessment data, modelling of outstanding lesson delivery and inset.)
We can offer you:
- A friendly, welcoming rich and diverse community.
- Happy children who enjoy coming to school.
- Excellent Leadership CPD.
- Guaranteed Leadership time to fulfil the role.
- A commitment to help you further your career through professional development and support to develop your leadership skills.
- A committed, dedicated staff and Governing Body.
- Children who enjoy learning who are eager, responsive and well-behaved and are supported by a community who are committed to their success.
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school.
These will be:
Friday 1st October 2021, 10.00am
Thursday 7th October 2021, 10.00am or 4.00pm
Thursday 14th October 2021, 4.00pm
Friday 15th October 2021, 10.00am
Please call the office to book a visit.
How to apply:
Further details and an application form are available from, and returnable to, the school office at :
Salisbury Primary School, Salisbury Primary Street, Darlaston, WS10 8BQ.
Telephone: 0121 6674066,or please email: email@example.com or visit our website: http://salisbury.walsall.sch.uk/ where you can access an application pack.
Closing date: Monday 18th October 2021 at 12:00 pm
Interviews: Wednesday 20th October 2021
Salisbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure form the Disclosure and barring Service (DBS)
As a school, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application.