1-1 Teaching Assistant
We are looking to recruit two 1:1 teaching assistants to support two children with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) in Reception classes, including one child with medical needs.
The little boy has a mitrofanoff which will need emptying and flushing, and he has a gastrostomy tube fitted. Full training will be given (along with 2 other members of staff). These positions are full time to include support over lunchtimes (lunchtimes are at the midday supervisor rate). A fixed term contract will be issued and extended on a term-by-term basis.
25.0 Hours per Week
Fixed term contract end date: 31/12/2021
The school require SEND Teaching Assistants who;
• Have a good understanding of how a child’s needs can be met within a mainstream setting.
• Is willing to attend medical training and carry out specific medical procedures daily, which are related to the mitrofanoff and the gastrostomy tube.
• Able to work independently with a child on a 1:1 basis.
• Is flexible and focused in their approach and committed to supporting SEND in mainstream school.
• Enjoys working as part of a team.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Applications can be emailed to Mr Hilton (Executive Headteacher) at email@example.com.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Mr Hilton on 01608 661266.
Closing date: 9 am 15/10/2021
Interview date: w/c 18/10/2021
Shipston on Stour Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.