LIBRARY ASSISTANT POST: KIDSGROVE LIBRARY
Salary: £18,562 - £18,933 per annum (pro rata) £9.62-£9.81 per annum (pro rata)
10 Hours per week – Permanent
The library is a well-used and valued resource within the community. This role provides a highly-customer focused service to the public. Duties will include answering general and book-related queries, shelving and promoting library stock, cash handling, registering new users, and supporting customers in the use of IT via the public access PCs.
We are particularly keen to recruit someone with an interest in providing community activities with children – including delivering rhyme times. Experience of using ICT is essential. The post holder will be based at Kidsgrove but may be required to work at other branch libraries. The library is open daily Monday to Saturday. The successful candidates would work an average of 10 hours a week.
Library Assistant 10 hours per week
To apply for this post, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website.
To submit your application, you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs)
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Fri 15 Oct 2021
Interview Date: TBA
For further information contact: Samantha Mellenchip, Operational Manager or Esther Williams, Onsite Supervisor at Newcastle Library, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 1BL Tel: 0300 111 8000
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records’ check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts