Teaching Assistant (KS1-4)
KEY STAGE 1-4 SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
(32.5 hours a week, term time plus 5 PD days)
Fixed Term Contract 1 Year (with a view to extend each year)
Pay Scale 3 (£19,312-£19,698) Pro Rata
Actual Salary £14,463-£14,752
The Linden Centre is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, inspirational and innovative Teaching Assistant to join their team of specialist staff this term. The Linden Centre Team supports children in Key Stages 1-4 who are presenting challenging behaviours which are preventing them from settling effectively to learning.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to improving outcomes for these children and to supporting families and other professionals. The person will provide support for teachers’ programmes of learning, assessment and nurture to support children and young people. These programmes will include supporting learning in the core subjects as well as assessing both the learning and social/emotional needs of the learners and supporting interventions and therapeutic workshops.
Experience in recently working with challenging behaviour in KS1-4 is essential.
- Evidence of commitment to continued professional and personal development.
- Understanding of the issues relating to the achievement and inclusion of children
- A working knowledge of policies and practice relating to vulnerable learners
- Understanding of and commitment to Equalities and Inclusion
- Understanding of child protection/safeguarding issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, both orally and in writing
- High level of inter-personal skills including the ability to relate well to people from a variety of social, cultural, educational, religious and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to maintain written records of initial assessments and other relevant records
- Excellent ICT skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Confident when working with and managing children and young people
- Self directed and well organised with the ability to effectively manage time and workload to meet deadlines
- Able to work constructively as part of a team and establish productive working relationships with others
- Good timekeeper, reliable and punctual
If this role is of interest to you and you can contribute to our future success, further details can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please see Job Description.
If you require any other details or wish to discuss the role further, please contact Mr Darren Lennon (Head teacher) on 01952 385601 or email Darren.Lennon@telford.gov.uk Information can be found on our website www.lindencentre.co.uk.
The Linden Centres are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards which flows from The Linden Centres vision and values.
The role is covered by part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
The Linden Centre supports Equal Opportunities Employment.