Hours: 36 hours per week, term time only
Monday to Thursday 8am – 4.30pm; Fridays 8am - 1pm
Contract type: Permanent
Colebourne Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 675 8500
Head Teacher: Mr. Stuart Guest
The role is to begin as soon as possible.
A fantastic opportunity to join our school as a school administrator. The job will involve working closely with other members of the admin team, the Headteacher, senior leadership team, staff, parents and governors to ensure an effective and efficient administration for the school.
We are a happy, successful, and hence oversubscribed school. We are proud to provide a caring environment, which offers challenge, support and security for children and staff, while delivering high quality learning opportunities and outcomes for children.
We put a high importance on our effective communication and kindness to our children and families and the admin team play a vital part in this.
Duties will include:
- school dinners
- school fund
- managing parent finance portal
- dealing with parental contact
- meeting and greeting visitors to school
- answering the phone and dealing with enquiries
- managing email and post
- accurate and consistent keeping of records
- using IT systems to produce letters, emails and reports
- using reprographic equipment
- management of school resources e.g. School Minibus
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience in a similar role - experience as a School Administrator is highly desirable, however applicants with a strong administrative CV will be considered
- have strong secretarial and administration skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- highly competent in using IT systems and software including Office Packages
- have a working knowledge of a management information system (MIS) such as SIMS / Arbor or similar
- strong communication skills
- a good understanding of confidentiality
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment as soon as possible. Please visit our website to get a flavour of the opportunities we provide for the children and families and the care we provide.
Informal visits are welcomed. Please contact the school if you have any questions or to arrange a visit. 0121 675 8500 or email Jobs@colebourne.bham.sch.uk
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 18 October 2021, 12 Noon
Application packs are available to download from the school website vacancies section.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.