Sandwell Council is committed to achieving Inclusive Economic Growth for its residents and businesses. Working within the Regeneration & Growth Directorate this is a unique and rewarding opportunity to co-ordinate and facilitate a range of activities which deliver a Strong & Inclusive Economy for Sandwell. There will be opportunity for the post holder to influence and shape the Council’s aims and objectives in relation to Enterprise and Inward Investment activities. The post holder will work in collaboration with council teams, partner organisations, and other stakeholders including the West Midlands Combined Authority and the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership.
These are exciting times for Sandwell, and while there remain many challenges within the borough to promote economic recovery and better incentives for businesses to relocate goods and services here. We are looking forward to future opportunities which will be provided by the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, working alongside our ambitious business community to develop new and innovative solutions and processes which help achieve business growth, and developing an offer which continues to attract further investment and create new jobs for residents. The recent disruptions to trade, local supply chains and routine work patterns, along with a shift in demand for digital services and more flexible working patterns, means Sandwell has a once in a generation opportunity to re-invent itself in the way it develops its expanding enterprise offer and ensures that economic, social and environmental benefits are delivered to our communities via companies investing in developments and initiatives taking place here.
- To identify opportunities for Sandwell businesses and residents to equitably benefit from investment and economic growth;
- To lead and be responsible for Enterprise and Inward Investment activities;
- To work with a wide variety of partners across Sandwell, the Black Country and West Midlands to support local businesses in their resilience and growth objectives;
- To lead the development and delivery of Enterprise and Inward Investment projects, to achieve outcomes identified by the host service area;
- To manage and appraise the budgets of externally funded projects with lead authorities, identify resources and build effective relationships with stakeholders to deliver priorities and objectives.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant service area i.e. Business Development; Economic Development or Regeneration;
- Experience of guiding and supervising project work within the field of economy, enterprise support, business development or regeneration;
- Detailed understanding of underlying concepts and principles of Enterprise and Inward Investment;
- Ability to liaise & negotiate confidently with key partners, businesses, fellow professionals, external agencies and the general public.
Interviews: W/C Monday 8th November 2021.
For an informal discussion, please contact Gareth Owens, Business Growth Team Leader on 07391411347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com