Connectivity Support Officer
Connectivity Support Officer
Salary: £32,234 - £36,922 Grade 9 (2 positions)
37 Hours per week – Two year fixed contract
Staffordshire County Council is looking to recruit to two positions to work primarily to monitor Section 106 Travel Plans and work with residential developments and businesses to promote sustainable transport. The promotion of the county council green travel schemes will be a key part of this role with national campaigns and events taking place throughout the year.
A Travel Plan is a long-term management strategy to integrate proposals for active and sustainable travel into the planning process. The plan will be based on evidence of the anticipated transport impacts of a development and set out measures to promote and encourage walking, cycling and other forms of sustainable transport. Annual monitoring of the plan both supports the development and the community in the vicinity.
This is a diverse role where organisation and self-motivation will be key skills. The two positions will work closely covering the full county where developments have a travel plan in place as part of a planning condition. Time restricted with budget implications the post holder will be required to have database skills and be a good communicator to enable monitoring to take place within the conditions of the travel plan. The role will include an element of face to face engagement and travel across the county.
The individuals will need to be organised and have experience of collecting and analysing data, providing reports, and engaging all audiences. They will need to be resilient and flexible who can review, evaluate, and evolve in changing times and circumstances as businesses recover and reopen following at least a year of uncertainty. You will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with an understanding and have a passion for encouraging and promoting all forms of sustainable travel.
A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate they have the personal drive and persuasive nature to implement behaviour change initiatives to increase active travel. Working under own initiative and being part of a wider team, a flexible resilient applicant that has experience of operational activities, preferably transport/active travel.
Typical duties will include:
- Writing and monitoring of travel plans for business and residential developments
- Providing support in project delivery of transport activities/training/promotion
- Production of sustainable travel marketing resources – including cycling and walking maps
- Promotion of sustainable travel through behaviour change schemes
- Management of county green travel scheme e.g. Cyclescheme, rail passes, active travel campaigns
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of project delivery – in particular transport or travel demand management
- Experience of site audits
- Experience of evaluation and monitoring of deliverables
- Good interpersonal and client facing skills
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in delivery presentations both internally and to clients / wider audiences
Based in the Connectivity Support Team, there will be opportunities to be involved in all aspects of transport activities at an exciting time for future mobility.
You will require a full driving licence.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
Interview Date: 25th October 2021
For more information about the role please contact: Cath Stephenson (up to 11th October) initially by email with contact details for a return call email@example.com or contact Mark Russell firstname.lastname@example.org from the 11th to 15th October.
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts