Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst – Digital and IT
Grade 7 (£36,922- £41,881)
24 month fixed term, full time 37 hours per week.
The City of Wolverhampton Council are seeking to recruit a fixed term Technical Business Analyst to join our dynamic and hardworking Digital and IT team.
The Technical Business Analyst will be working in the Applications Support Team within Digital and IT, reporting to the Digital Solutions and Development Manager. The post holders will be responsible for initiating and driving Digital and IT enabled Business change projects by gathering requirements, investigation and feasibility, justifying significant financial investments to improve systems, defining business processes and roles, delivering value for money solutions and maximising the return on investment
Working across the organisation to deliver cost effective business and IT solutions through the development of business cases that promote the identification and delivery of business benefit resulting in significant cost reductions for the council, the post holder will take a leading role in work streams on council business change programmes, being a catalyst for change and a conduit for the transfer of knowledge and skills during the change process.
- Technical skills – knowledge of software and IT skills
- Data analysis – It is paramount that a Technical Business Analyst be able to use logical techniques to analyse, describe, and evaluate data so as to be able to make meaning out of it.
- System analysis – must be able to study a business activity using technological means so as to find solutions to a given business function.
- Functional specifications – must be able to explain in detail how a given technological solution would meet a given business requirement.
- System integration specification – must be able to bring different technological entities together so as to fix a given problem.
- User acceptance testing (UAT) – After developing the solution to a given business requirement or problem, the Technical Business Analyst must be able to walk users through the solution as a form of testing to showcase how the solution would work in a real life situation.
- System integration testing (SIT) – The Technical Business Analyst should be able to develop SIT test cases. This skill requires a deep understanding of how systems are integrated in the enterprise level.
Technical Business analysis skills.
Good experience of working in an Agile Scrum project
Problem solving and analytical skills.
Negotiation and arbitration skills.
Stakeholder management skills
All round knowledge of capabilities of Digital to meet business needs.
Report writing and presentation skills to deliver complex and sometimes technical information to senior managers.
Good organisational skills, proven ability to prioritise.
Investment appraisal skills.
Practical knowledge and experience of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Visio
Job description and personal specification.docx