Finance Support Officer
7 days left
About our Organisation
Murray Hall Community Trust is a rooted anchor charity operating across the West Midlands, using a community development approach, we promote health and wellbeing, enabling and supporting people in need to overcome the challenges of inequality. We advocate, facilitate empowerment, pioneer new solutions and delivering innovative services for stronger communities.
The day-to-day duties
To provide day to day financial management and support to ensure the provision of an integrated business support function to the Children’s Services and other related projects for MHCT.
Confident and competent Budget Management, Annual budget setting and ongoing budget management and monitoring.
Ordering, purchasing, and stock management of resources.
Compliance with standing financial orders.
Lead responsibility for Health and Safety including fire regulations compliance for all Children Services sites.
Ensuring that building security, maintenance and repairs at the Children’s Centre sites are carried out as appropriate.
Managing contractor arrangements, including setting up contracts (following approval has been granted), billing arrangements and maintaining an ongoing register with scheduled renewal dates/notice periods.
Manage asset/inventory records for the Children’s Services and support other related projects for MHCT.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Qualification in Accounting or Finance (AAT Level 3 or equivalent).
- Proven experience of processing financial transactions with accuracy and other office administrative tasks.
- Experience of using QuickBooks finance software.
- Experience of premises management, health and safety and fire regulations.
- Experience and confident with budgets (costing, analysing, reporting, tracking, reviewing, and planning for changes).
- Ability to manage on site finance administration functions
- 28 Days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (pro rata for part time employees)
- Flexible working
- Auto-enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme
Murray Hall Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and invite potential applicants to contact us to identify any additional support they may require to enable them to make an application.
Attached is the job description and person specification along with an application form which needs to be completed and emailed to HR@murrayhall.co.uk or posted to: HR Recruitment, Murray Hall Community Trust, The Bridge, St Marks Road, Tipton, West Midlands DY4 0SL. All applications must be submitted before the closing date stated below.
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Rutter on 0121 559 9916.
Closing date: Wednesday 27th October 2021 at 23:59 hours
Please note that we reserve the right to withdraw our job advertisements earlier than the published expiry date. Therefore, if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible.
Interviews expected to commence w/c: TBC
Start Date: ASAP