Principal Social Worker - Children
Job title: Principal Social Worker
Salary: Grade 14 - £60,763 - £65,320 per annum + car user allowance
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Full time | Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options with you
Game changing support.
With a new operating model we’re making sure our social work teams can do what they do best!
Our Social Work teams make a huge difference to the lives of people across our county. They take pride in supporting children and families and we’re equally proud to help them give their best in whatever ways we can. That’s why you can expect everything from agile and flexible working options to exceptional support to develop your career.
Although we’re already rated as ‘Good’ by OFSTED, we’re determined to uphold the highest standards and drive continual improvement and learning. That’s why we’ve recently gone through an exciting transformation, underpinned by a restorative practice model, which focuses on keeping families together through a community-based approach.
You’ll be working across the Children and Families system leading our workforce strategy, our practice development and ensuring that our child protection safeguarding, and review processes are independent and robust.
You’ll be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and performance of the Independent Reviewing Officer Service, Conference Chairs, Breathing space and the Family Group Conference Teams and through this you’ll have 6 direct reports who you’ll inspire and develop.
You’ll ensure that the children and families service aspire to practice excellence and that we have in place programmes of development which are informed by national and regional best practice. The role will also ensure that we are a reflective and learning organisation which strives to continually improve.
And key to our future success you’ll be promoting a culture of innovation, continual learning & development, and you’ll identify funding opportunities which allow us to pilot and trial new ways of working and learn from others.
What you’ll bring
You’ll need to be a:
- Qualified Social Worker
- Registered with Social Work England
- Management qualification/ and or equivalent experience managing within a children services setting or similar
- Financial management experience specifically around staffing and procurement budgets
- Experience of / knowledge of how to complete funding applications
- Experience of leading on pilots and new initiatives
But above all, you’ll bring the desire to work with children and families to ensure we do our very best for those we are supporting.
Our benefits & offer to you
We recognise you’ll want your team to have the time to do what they do best – spending time supporting children and families and so we’ve built our new operating model to ensure this is the case.
We also know you’ll want to continually develop in your role and potentially progress your career and that’s why we have great training and development opportunities here at Staffordshire.
Plus, there’s also all these other benefits too:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 27 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) That’s a minimum of 37 days annual leave.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button
If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 14/10/2021
Interview Date: asap following closing date
For more information please contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help or visit our website www.childrenssocialcarecareers.co.uk for more information about working at Staffordshire.
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.