Learning Mentor - Eaton Valley Primary School
Eaton Valley Primary school is a thriving school with amazing children, families and staff. We are passionate about providing high quality and varied learning that inspires, raises aspirations, and enriches lives, enabling all children to flourish.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and enthusiastic Learning Mentor who believes in this vision and can be part of our pastoral team working innovatively with individuals or small groups of pupils, assisting them to overcome barriers to learning.
The post is to commence in January 2022 or sooner if possible, and will focus on pastoral and behavioural support for children and families in our school.
We are looking for a Learning Mentor who:
- has experience of mentoring children
- is able to identify barriers to learning and plan effective strategies to manage them
- has the ability to enthuse and inspire children
- is committed to improving outcomes for all children
- is able to work as part of a team
- has experience of working with families
Your duties will include; behaviour support, nurture groups, lunchtime clubs as well as the opportunity to use your strengths to support learning.
We can offer you:
- a successful school committed to improving outcomes for all children
- happy, hard-working and well-behaved children
- Passionate and flexible staff
- supportive parents and Governing body
- resources to ensure your effectiveness and success
- a commitment to your professional development
Further details, and an application form, are available from the school and should be returned to: Mrs S Craddock, School Business Manager Telephone: 0121 5531593
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Informal visits to the school are strongly recommended. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 2nd November 2021 at 4.00pm
Interviews: 11th November 2021
Eaton Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (DBS) disclosureHours:
35hrs per week 8.30am-4.00pm (term-time only + 5 training days)
SCP 9 to 17, £20,903 to £24,491 pro rata, £17,567 to £20,672 per annum
Eaton Valley Primary School. Dagger Lane, West Bromwich, B71 4BU
2nd November 2021 at 4.00pm
Job Description and Person Specification